Sell your Item
A GREAT WAY TO OBTAIN EVEN MORE FOR YOUR UNWANTED ITEMS!
Let us sell your items for you on commission
We can list any item of jewellery on both our websites, vintagetom.co.uk and if pre-1950 on sellingantiques.co.uk (this site is usually listed on page one of Google) This route to selling can achieve up to double the amount one could receive from an auction or indeed selling directly to a jeweller.
We do take a commission for selling your item(s) and this is typically 25%. This is about what you would pay to sell at auction, but of course, you have little control when listed with an auction house and you will achieve far less than through us. We do have to guarantee any item we sell and this is why we need to take a reasonable percentage.
There is always a full consultation when accepting your items to sell, and you decide on what you may wish to receive after our commission. You are in full control and we will ensure the item when with us. We will both list items and display in our store. We would hope to achieve between 30-100% more than auction sale. If you wish to withdraw the item you can collect without charge or we can return to you by Special Delivery at a cost of £10.00.
We do take an initial listing fee of £25 per item to cover insurance. We also advise if the item requires any remedial work to make it saleable but we always advise on this.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY WE ARE CANCELLING THE £25 LISTING FEE!
Another interesting aspect to this is that we can advance you up to 25% of the item’s worth* . This we will deduct from the final sale or if you wish to cancel the sale, it becomes repayable. The administration fee for this service is 7.5% per month of the total amount advanced.
*subject to conditions which we will email you should you wish to take advantage of this option
Commission Based Selling
- Any Item Considered in good condition over £500 insurance value
- Sums achieved some 30-100% more than auction estimates
- Items will be displayed on our web sites and instore
- Commission of 25% is taken from the sale which is typically that of auctions(vat included)
- There is a listing/insurance fee of £25 per item
- We can advance small sums in lieu of sale which carries a small administration fee
- You reserve the right to set the price and negotiate any offer price with us.
- You may withdraw the item at any time
- We will pay you by bank transfer after 10 days of the item purchased as we offer a full refund policy to buyers
Please call 01373 462089 or 462090 for a consultation email us for full details